>>>>

Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Hoppin’ and Shoppin’ in O’Fallon!

blogbonnie4
In between our fabulous picnic in the park at the Muny, and the Antique Mall browse of the century, we made a little pit stop into O’Sewpersonal in nearby O’Fallon!

Hey!  I just got it!  O’Sew and O’Fallon.  It’s a word play on location! It's all about the O'!! Great name!

((Yes, this was a SQUIRREL moment and the light bulb really DID shine over my head!))

It was a fun day to meet some really great folks who run the cutest little quilt shop in O’Fallon – and if you happen to stop by on the right day, you might just catch Kevin behind the counter as he works there when he is NOT playing flight attendant for Southwest Airlines.

((Yes, he really DOES work for the fabric!))

I took a great little look around and I thought you’d enjoy seeing what I saw!

 20150925_151532

The wall says SEW!
And I must obey!

20150925_151546

Goodies in every direction!

20150925_151556

I must pick up and touch EVERY THING!

20150925_151603

Great displays of fabric and notions!

20150925_151633

New collections are coming in all the time!

20150925_151744

This is also your one stop Handi Quilter shop!

20150925_151756

Ooooohhh…a burgeoning sale section!

20150925_151805

You can wander, you can browse! You can touch everything!

20150925_152308
All the pertinent info!

dog

Missouri is the “Show Me” State.

They definitely “Showed Me” a GREAT TIME!

I’ve been at my desk all day.  I’m down to the last pattern for this book, and then it is time to get all of the illustration logs and quilts ready as they go off to photography by Mid October.  This is also the reason that the Mystery Quilt is running a bit on a delay.  Thank you for your patience on that.

I had hoped to go up to the cabin to get all of the parts that are done and bring them back here, but Jeff’s car is losing its clutch and is in the shop, so we are a 3 person working family, with 2 cars between us and this has meant that I haven’t been able to go anywhere other than the post office since I got home on Monday night.  Just bear with me and know that I am doing all I can!

We are still planning on Quilt-Cam for Friday evening at 9pm Eastern at this point.  Keep watching for updates, I’ll let you know if that is going to pan out or not.  That cruise is sneaking up on me and I haven’t even started packing!

Have a great evening, everyone!


Click Here to like our Quiltville Friends Page on Facebook for more fun!


Click Here to join our sister group, Quiltville's Open Studio on Facebook, a place to Sew, Share & Grow!!

11 comments:

  1. That shop looks O SEW FUN! LOL, Kevin works for Fabric! I would too if I could. Glad the book project is almost a wrap. Exciting for you to be nearly done, I bet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely shop....and OOHH it would be great to get fabric for less than £4.50 per yard!!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sew glad you made it to O'Sewpersonal... this is the store where I bought the fabric & pattern for your Apron!! Actually on that very clearance table..... O... Sew... Special :-)

    sue (aka the Apron Lady)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous10:08 PM EDT

    Wish I had known about this shop a couple of weeks ago. I was in Alton visiting my granddaughter and would have gladly headed that way. It will be on my list when I visit next summer! sewnsowsmj@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you had a marvelous time! Nothing like running round with friends! Glad to hear you are down to the final pattern! That must be such a relief. You have a full plate, all kinds of stuff coming together at the same time. You're awesome, I am sure you will pull it off like you always do. And, worse case, the new mystery quilt is a little later that normal...well, you know we understand and aren't going anywhere! Take care! Enjoy the cruise!
    Thank you far all you do!

    ReplyDelete
  6. O'Mygoodness, Bonnie, you are O'Soclever! Love your stories. What fun!

    Loretta McGinn
    missmac831@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. My clothes are packed for the cruise! Class things will jump in tomorrow. You have been traveling MO for a long time, so maybe being stuck with only 2 cars you will force you to rest just a bit. I loved all the pictures...miles of smiles. See you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like I need to go visit the family in St Charles MO. Looks like I could get lots of inspiration. Plus they are wonderful people

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bonnie! I live in this area. Have watched your travels thru Missouri all week. Your stops/finds are places where I shop frequently. I'm sew blessed. Glad you had such an enjoyable week & yes, Kevin has helped me at O'Sew Personal.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope you can get to the mountains soon. Leaves changing every day here in bryson city/lake fontana area.

    Bonnie what ever happened with Eleanor burns surgery/health issues? I never heard any more, but I'm sort of behind. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  11. what a great trip you had with such fun people!

    you asked earlier what we look for in a pattern, I hope it isn't too late to comment on that. I look for the block size in BOLD print, and the dimensions before borders in BOLD print. I'm currently helping my student (husband) make a quilt for his mom. found an early (first printing) of Eleanor Burns Irish Chain book. I'm the translator. He cuts and sews. My books on this are in storage since we are currently in a 5th wheel RV.

    Have a great weekend, looking forward to quilt cam!

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)